While so many logistics companies in Nigeria jostle for patronage in a sector that is gradually becoming saturated owing to the failure of the government to manage a viable postal service, it has become really important to know some digital marketing strategy for logistics companies in order to beat other players to the game.
We Cannot water down the importance of getting packages, parcels or other messages (no matter how small) to their needed locations, and in the shortest time possible. But since the government has failed to pull this important sector together and also to win the trust of the public, every body have resorted to the use of private logistics companies in Nigeria to get these things done.
One reason most players in the logistics industry in Nigeria fail is because they do not have a clear online strategy on how their Goals will be achieved.
You have to believe that any strategy that excludes online, will not work. This is because the internet constitute the largest portion of business success anywhere in the world, including Nigeria.
In this post therefore, I will share 10 Proven digital marketing strategy for logistics companies in Nigeria. This strategies will drive so much traffic that has never been recorded before.
Let’s dive right into it:
This simply means pay per click. This is a great digital marketing strategy for logistics companies. In fact, you would be doing yourself a big disservice if you are not doing a pay per click ad for your logistics business.
With a pay per click ad campaign, you simply pay for ads clicks.
If this campaign is properly set up, you can be sure to get continuous patronage for the long time.
There are several platforms where you can run a pay per click ad:
- Google: On Google, there different kinds of PPC ads such as: The display ads, the search ads, the shop ads and so on.
- Facebook: Facebook is another sure platform for setting up a PPC ad campaign. Also, there are different ad objectives on Facebook such as: Traffic, Engagements and others.
2. SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
Another digital marketing strategy for logistics companies in Nigeria is the search engine optimization which is putting your Logistics website in the proper shape for potential searches on the search engine like Google and Bing.
When done properly, SEO can generate a lot of organic (Free) traffic to your website.
There are many checklists for SEO, and some of them include:
- Proper Keyword research.
- Understanding and applying keyword density.
- Using the Latent Semantic indexing (LSI). The LSI can either be derived from Google’s auto complete, Google’s Related searches, or even from using tools like LSIGRAPH.
- Understanding and developing contents based on the searchers intent. You can contact us for assistance on this.
- Ensuring that you link your contents to other contents either on the site or outside the site.
- Ensuring that you write a proper heading for your content.
- Ensuring that your keyword features in the URL.
- Using keyword in the image alt text.
- Doing link outreach.
- Creating great content for good customer experience.
3. Social Media Pages.
The use of social media is another digital marketing strategy for logistics companies in Nigeria. Social media usage has grown tremendously in Nigeria. The image below was a research carried out by Statista:
Obviously, this is a green light for any logistics company in Nigeria.
As a logistics company, you will need to be on all the mentioned platforms above, and gradually grow your follower-base by constantly updating intimating your audience (No matter how small) with updates about your logistics business.
4. Content Development.
Content development is another great digital marketing strategy for logistics companies. This days when potential clients go online to search for various things related to Logistics such as: What is the cost of Sending a package from X location to Y location, or What is the cost of sending a parcel of X KG to Y location?.
At every step of the way, you want to be there for your clients, and this simply means you must look the way of developing contents on your website blog page.
Below are some kinds of content you may develop that will resonate well with yur potential clients:
- Response contents: These kind of contents try to answer your potential clients questions about your services, and it is usually not less than 1,500 words.
- Pillar contents: These type of contents try to deal with a subject matter in the logistics industry in-depth, and it is usually not less than 5,000 words.
5. Audio-Visuals (Marketing Videos).
The use of marketing Videos in logistics is gaining serious momentum. Videos are used in logistics to convey different things such as:
- About the company.
- The Company services.
- The Pricing for different locations in Nigeria.
- Promo and discounts. e.t.c
The use of Marketing videos in the logistics company is one of the growing digital marketing strategy for logistics companies that you will never want to miss out on.
6. Bulk SMS.
This is strategy most persons have started to look away from simply because of the “Do Not Disturb…. DND” policy of the Nigerian communications commission in conjunction with the various telecommunications companies in Nigeria.
While it is true that a lot of phone numbers may not get your bulk SMS messages, the fact still remain, a lot will also get it, and who knows, they might just be interested to do business with your logistics organization if your prices are considerable.
7. Google My Business Listings.
This is another great digital marketing strategy for logistics companies. Google my business listings provide you with the opportunity to research perceived and potential clients, and reach them either by SMS, phone calls or even email messages about your logistics organization.
You could make research about your decided ideal audience and pick it up from there.
8. Reaching Out To Influencers.
Influencer marketing is another great digital marketing strategy for logistics companies. Influencers have a great connection and following on various social media channels that can be potentially beneficial to your logistics organization.
There are influencers on Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest etc..
9. Email Marketing.
As you begin to grow your email database via your subscription form on the website, you will need to send periodic email messages to your clients notifying them of:
- upcoming events
- Promos and discounts.
- Change in coverage areas and so on.
10. Repeat The Best Strategy.
This is the Last digital marketing strategy for logistics companies that I highly recommend. In simple terms, you should repeat any of the strategies mentioned above that is working for you.
Target Market For Logistics Company
This is an industry where its services cut across different sectors. A Logistic company does not have a specific target market because anyone (From any sector) uses the logistics company to deliver important packages.
So far, I have tried to do justice to 9 Proven digital marketing strategy for logistics companies.
Let me turn it to you….
Which of these digital marketing strategy for logistics companies have you applied so far for your logistics business and which are you willing to try out today?
Simply let me know in the comment section below.